Each numbered item corresponds to the printed checklist given out during orientation.
2. Portal Announcements
5. Student Academic Planning
6. Student Academic Profile
7. Student Billing/Financials
8. Student Financial Aid
9. Emergency Contact Info
10. Tutor Request
12. Network Drives
14. Educational Software
15. Mobile App
16. Parking Permits
Already activated or transferring from another VSC school?
- If you have already activated your account and/or you transferred from another VSC school such as CCV, CSC, JSC or LSC, please verify the status of your account here: https://directory.vsc.edu/myaccount
- If the “Vermont Technical College” account is listed as “Not Available,” then you still need to activate your VTC account. In this case, you will just need to change your existing password and your VTC account will automatically be activated.
- If you run into trouble changing your password, please let us know so we can reset it for you manually.
First time activating your account?
- Navigate to portal.vsc.edu
- Click “New users: Activate your account here” at the bottom.
- You will need your College ID and SSN.
- Fill in the required information and go through the four activation steps. Make sure to click “Activate” on the final page.
- College announcements will be viewable under this section.
- You can view your Moodle courses under this section.
- You can also access Moodle directly by going to learn.vsc.edu
- If your email is not yet connected to the Portal, please click on “Enter your credentials” above the calendar on the left-side.
- Enter your username followed by @vtc.vsc.edu
- Example: email@example.com
- Enter your password in both password boxes and click “OK”
- You can access email directly at vtc.edu/mail
- You can also setup email on your phone, tablet or computer; we have setup guides located on our support website here.
- Here you can see your Program Evaluation, which will let you know what classes you have taken, need to take and classes that are in progress. You can also fill out your Graduation Application here.
- Here you can check your Class Schedule to find out where and when your classes are and who is teaching them.
- When Grades are posted, you can check those here.
- You can get an unofficial Transcript here.
- If you have any Academic Alerts, you can check them here.
- To give FERPA Authorization to someone, you can fill out the FERPA form here. For more information on FERPA, please view this article.
- You can View Your Bill and Make a Payment here.
- If you have health insurance, you can opt out of VTC Health Insurance by going here and filling out the Student Health Insurance Form. If you do not opt out, you will be charged for health insurance.
- You can change your meal plan with the Meal Plan Change Form here.
- When you need your 1098T Form for taxes, you can find that here.
- If you are awarded Financial Aid, you can check the award notice here as well as your Financial Aid Document Status.
- You can also see your Financial Aid Overview.
In the event of an emergency where VTC may need to send you information and alerts, you can receive them in several different ways.
- Go to the “My Vermont Tech” link located at the top of the Portal.
- In the “Campus Life” section, click on “Emergency Notification Management”
- You will have the options to be sent an email, phone call or text message, and you need to select the appropriate campus/audience.
- Once you have filled this out, please click “Save.”
- You can request a tutor online by clicking on the “My Vermont Tech” link at the top of Portal and then go to “Tutor Request” under the “Academics” section.
You can connect to the VTCStudents wireless network from most phones, tablets and computers. When connecting, login with your Portal username and password. We have setup guides on our support website located here.
There are several network drives that are made available to students. You have your own personal storage on the M: drive. To access this on a school computer, just go to “Computer” from the Start menu and they will be listed there. To connect to your drives from off-campus or your own personal device, please view our Network Drives Guide.
There are networked printers all over campus for students to print to. You are given $85 at the beginning of each school year for printing funds. If you need more, you can go to the Business Office to purchase printing cards. To check your balance or add purchased funds, go to vtcprinters.vtc.vsc.edu and sign in with your VTC credentials.
You can download Microsoft Office 2010, 2011 (Mac) 2013 and Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for free by visiting vtc.onthehub.com Other discounted software is available such as the Adobe Creative Cloud suite for $19.99/month.
With our mobile app you can view your class schedule and access your grades. It also has important notifications and quick links to resources such as Moodle, Hartness Library and more.
You can sign up to receive your parking permit by visiting vtc.edu/parking.
You will need the following information:
- Vehicle Make, Model, Year and Color
- Vehicle License Plate Number and State
- Registered Owner, Owner’s Phone Number and Relationship to Driver
- Driver’s License Number and State