Students, Faculty and Staff
- First, click on the network/wireless icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- You should get a list of available wireless networks.
- VTCStudents for students.
- VTCWireless for faculty and staff.
- Click the “connect automatically” box, then click “Connect”
- Enter your Vermont Tech username and password, then click “OK”
- When prompted about a server identity/security certificate click “connect”
If it did not connect successfully, please view the instructions below to setup the wireless connection manually.
Manual Connection Settings
Some wireless network cards have a difficult time connecting with the instructions above. If your laptop cannot connect, try setting it up manually.
- Click the home button in the bottom left of the screen, then click “Settings”
- Select “Network and Internet”
- Select “Network and Sharing Center”
- Select “Set up a new connection or network”
- Select “Manually connect to a wireless network”
- Enter the “Network name”
- VTCStudents for students
- VTCWireless for faculty and staff
- For “Security type” choose “WPA2-Enterprise” and then click “Next”
- Select “Change connection settings”
- Click the “Security” tab at the top
- Click the “Advanced settings” button at the bottom
- Click the “Specify authentication mode” checkbox and leave the default setting of “User or computer authentication” and click the “OK” buttons
- Now that the wireless connection is manually set up, please go back to the top of this page and follow the initial instructions for connecting using the Charms bar.
If you still cannot connect, please stop by IT with your laptop or tablet.